Sunday, January 14, 2007

CBD - The Designer


What are you wearing?
Check jeans, a label done by a friend of mine. Some vintage leather shoes. A black Ben Sherman button up. And a grey lime drop cardigan.

Was the cardigan your own design?
Yes, I do a label called Lime Drop with my fiancée. It’s a guys and girls streetwear label. It focuses on bright colors with contrasting screenprints and a lot of cute kind of designs.

Inspirations for your prints?
A lot of it is a science based theme. Our latest collection is “I fell in love with my librarian.” Silhouettes and styling is reminiscent to childhood feelings… that first love kind of feeling.

Style icons?
I’ve been looking a lot at the dandy’s in the sixties. The mods. I’m also a bit of a fan of the Sharpies in Melbourne.

What’s your favourite thing about Melbourne?
The weather. I like unpredictable weather and the cold.

(This interview was taken from Melbourne Runway on SYN 90.7FM)

4 Comments:

Blogger luka said...

it's really nice to see the street styles at the other side of the planet, keep your good work going!
if you want to take a peek at the dutch (or european) street style, here is my street style blog:greengrassia.blogspot.com

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is limedrop stocked? what are the price points...cause i'm lovin the concept

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've seen this label.. has a really sweet appeal

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen Limedrop in Genki in the city and I think they have a myspace...

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home