Monday, January 29, 2007

CBD - the visual merchandiser


What are you wearing?
Best and Less Bonds white singlet, black and white stripy V-neck t-shirt/dress, a grey long sleeve top with lace trim, skinny leg vintage pair of Chloe jeans that have a tiger appliqué and some grey boots.

Occupation?
Visual merchandiser, fashion visual merchandiser mainly.

How did you get into VM?
I was originally interested in doing fashion design. But decided I wanted something a bit broader. Visual Merchandising kind of encompasses styling, merchandising, interior design, decoration… I work for Diesel International based in Melbourne.

Favorite shops?
I love Euro trash in Chapel Street. I love all recycled vintage stores, you can just find really wacky one-off pieces. You kind of spend the same amount of money on a pair of old Prada shoes as you would at a big chain brand.

Fashion indulgence?
I have an amazing Prada necklace that I picked up at a recycled store. It’s like a massive collar so you just wear it over anything like a t-shirt or dress. And I just splurged on a leather jacket.

Favorite thing about Melbourne?
I like that the weather’s so all over the place… I also love the food, great food.

(This interview excerpt was taken from Melbourne Runway on SYN)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great look. but i think the tiger applique gets dwarfed by all the layering.
would've loved to see a single colored tee to balance the busy jean print.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the jeans!!!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this girls wardrobe must be a treasure trove. prada necklace, up for sale?

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am loving this look. and yeah what a wardrobe. prada sounds hot

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home