Tuesday, December 19, 2006

NGV - Sneakers: Classics to Customs


A few days ago I attended the Sneakers: Classics to Customs exhibition at the NGV International. This exhibition features over 300 pairs of sneakers from the past three decades. From the functional sports shoe (such as Converse All Stars and Nike Air Jordans) to coveted limited editions. The sneaker has indelibly become the language for urban style.

Although I’m not a huge sneaker fan, I found myself getting giddy at the sight of so many colors and prints. For any sneaker fan, this exhibition is a must.

NGV International
16 December 2006 - 8 July 2007
Myer Fashion and Textiles Gallery, Level 2
Admission free

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went to this... swwweeeeet!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

famous sneaker lovers
marc jacobs
missy elliot
obviously run dmc
and me

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneakers are a worthy subject for an exhibition. They should also have watch exhibitions in the future. I would love to see a collection of those pop swatch watches.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home